“Therefore, if anyone is in christ, the new creation has come: the old has gone, the new is here!”
2 CORINTHIANS 5:17
Warringah Christian Church is a Presbyterian Church member of the Presbyterian Church of Australia. The church is located in Sydney’s Northern Beaches. Our church is made of singles, young couples, professionals, youth, seniors, families, kids, locals and immigrants.
We would love for you to join us this Sunday at Church!
Warringah Christian Church’s vision is to be a multi-cultural christ-centred church that proclaims the gospel to sydney’s northern beaches and to the world.
OUR KIDS MINISTRY
Jesus loves children, and we are committed to coming alongside you as you teach your children about his love and grace. Warringah Christian Church programs are safe, engaging experiences where your child will grow and have fun.
BRING THE KIDS:
9AM on Sunday
What we believe
10 STATEMENTS ON WHAT WE BELIEVE
- Warringah Christian Church believes the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and it is without error.
- Warringah Christian Church believes there is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Warringah Christian Church believes that we all are sinners, that we are unable to save ourselves by are own work.
- Warringah Christian Church believes that salvation is by Jesus Christ alone.
- Warringah Christian Church believes that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God.
- Warringah Christian Church believes that God is gracious and faithful to His people.
- Warringah Christian Church believes that the gospel is the good news that through Christ the power of God’s kingdom has entered history to renew the whole world
- Warringah Christian Church believes that we joyfully invite every person to faith in Jesus, we are committed to serving our neighbours whether they believe as we do or not.
- Warringah Christian Church believes that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- Warringah Christian Church believes that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
- The Scriptures are true and hold the upmost authority over humankind (Psalm 19:7-11; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- There is is only one true God. He is the Creator of heaven and earth, who eternally exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5-6; Isaiah 46:9-10; John 17:3; 1 Corinthians 8:4-6; 1 Timothy 2:5;Genesis 1:26; Psalm 45:6-7; Psalm 110:1; Matthew 3:13-17; Matthew 28:17-20; 1 Corinthians 12:4-6).
- All things in the universe exist for the glory of God (Psalm 148; Proverbs 16:4; Isaiah 61:3;Romans 11:33-36; 1 Corinthians 10:31; 2 Corinthians 5:15; Ephesians 1:3-14).
- All people are sinners by birth and choice 1(Genesis 6:5;Psalm 51:5; Jeremiah 17:9; Romans 3:23; 5:8, 12-21; 7:18; Ephesians 2:1-3).
- The deserved penalty for human sin is physical and spiritual death (Genesis 2:15-17;Genesis 3:19; Romans 5:12; 6:23; James 1:14-15).
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. He is both fully God and fully human (Matthew 1:20; Luke 2:52; John 1:1-4, 14; Colossians 1:15-20;Hebrews 1:1-3).
- Jesus Christ death was the sacrificial payment for all human sin. (John 1:29; 10:1-18; Romans 5:8; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 1:4; 1 Peter 3:18).
- Jesus Christ has risen from the dead and will return in full glory and power. (Matthew 28:1-20; Mark 16:1-8; Luke 24:1-53; John 1:20-21:25; 1 Corinthians 15:12-34; John 14:3; Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:16;Hebrews 9:28; 1 John 3:2; Revelation 1:7).
- There will be a future physical resurrection of the dead. Only those who repent from sin and turn to Jesus will receive eternal life in Glory. Those who do not repent from sin and receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour will be raised to eternal punishment (Matthew 25:31-46; John 5:28-29; Acts 24:15).
- Real faith is in the person and work of Jesus Christ and repentance from sin can one be reconciled to God. (John 3:18,14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:21-26; 1 Timothy 2:5-6).
The story of us
1953 “Ready, Set, Go!”
1954 “We got a good deal”
November we dedicated the church building by Rev E.H. Vines the moderator of the North Sydney Presbytery.
Mr A.Brown was appointed the student minister.
1963 “First Keys”
1966 “We are Special”
1966 “In Memory”
1967 “Hello and Goodbye”
1988 “Mid 30’s”
1990 “Happy Campers”
2003 “We are 50!”
2013 “60 and strong!”
2014 “Join the team”
2014 “We are WCC”
Rev Wilson is an ordained Presbyterian minister. He is married to Zelda and have two married children Priscilla and Will. With more than 20 years experience in ministry Rev. Wilson has strong ministry skills with deep theological knowledge.
Rev. Wilson Fernandes Junior is an ordained Presbyterian minister. He is married to Zelda and has two adult children (Priscila and Will) and four grandchildren.
Rev. Wilson has a Degree in Theology by the Congregational Seminary of Brazil and has a specialisation in Missiology by the Northern Presbyterian Seminary in Brazil, where he also taught.
Rev. Fernandes is certified in Christian Leadership by the Haggai Institute in Singapore where he trained and studied.
Rev. Fernandes completed his Masters Degree in Missiology in the Presbyterian Centre for Post-Graduate Studies Andrew Jumper, in São Paulo, Brazil. Dr. Wilson received his Doctorate of Ministry from the Reformed Theological Seminary (RTS) in Jackson, Mississippi, USA.
Rev. Wilson is an NSW Justice of Peace and an authorised Marriage Celebrant.
Rev. Wilson has pastored churches in Brazil, Australia and the USA. Since June 2015 Pastor Wilson leads a Presbyterian Church in Sydney’s Northern Beaches, Warringah Christian Church.
“My desire for people of Warringah is to meet Jesus and enjoy life with Him” – Pastor Wilson
OUR BOARD OF ELDERS
Get in touch
We can't wait to meet you.
Please feel free to contact us and ask anything about our church, Jesus or anything else.
(02) 9451 5076